The Legato Scripting Language and the IDE are included in all installations of GoFiler Complete. You may also download the Legato Interpreter for free as a standalone package below.
This package will allow you to run Legato scripts from a command line. Legato is free for development for personal or non-commercial use. By downloading Legato Basic, you agree to the Terms and Conditions of its use.
Revised: January 8, 2019
Legato Release Notes
Version 1.1q (01/07/2019)
1.0 Legato Script Language Notes
1.1 Script Engine Changes
– Added wide string literal declaration. For example: L”My Unicode string”.
– Added raw string literal declaration. For example: R”C:\Program Files (x86)\”. This creates a raw string with no escape processing, including not being able to directly embedded a double quote.
– See revised Section 3.10 of the SDK Script Reference for more information on string literals.
1.2 Function Changes
– Added Unicode processing to the DeleteStringSegment function.
– Added Unicode processing to the FindInString function.
– Added Unicode processing to the FormatString function.
– Added Unicode processing to the InString and IsInString functions. Also added a case match flag.
– Added case flag to IsRegexMatch function.
– Added Unicode processing to the ReplaceInString function.
– Added Unicode processing to the WriteLine function.
– Expanded parse modes and options for the Word Parse Object.
– Corrected an issue with FormatString function, and related functions that allow formatted data, where the ‘u’ unsigned parameter was not working.
– Added a sense to the DeleteFile function to remove temp files from the internal temp file manager as the file is deleted.
1.3 New Functions
– EDGARSessionGetHTTPHandle —Retrieves the HTTP handle for the EDGAR System access session.
– EDGARSessionGetProperties — Returns the current session's properties.
– EDGARSessionOpenSession — Opens or accesses a session to the EDGAR System.