Notices and Policies
Software License Information
Terms and Conditions
The term ‘Novaworks’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose office location is 333 Metro Park, Rochester, NY 14586. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the owner, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Training Terms and Conditions
If you are unable to attend the course for which you registered, please inform Novaworks as soon as possible. Fees are fully refundable if notification is received by mail, fax or e-mail at least ten (10) working days prior to the scheduled start date of a course. After that, the full course fee will be charged.
Novaworks reserves the right to cancel a course at any time without liability. In these circumstances, customers will be offered an alternative date, an alternative location or a full refund of the course fees paid.
Novaworks is not responsible for airline or hotel penalties related to the cancellation of training courses. Please be aware of the airline restrictions regarding non-refundable airline tickets when purchasing.
A customer may transfer their booking to an alternate date, provided that ten (10) working days notice is given in writing (e-mail, fax or letter). If a customer wishes to transfer a scheduled course within ten (10) working days of the original course start date to a later course occurrence there will be an administrative charge of 25% of the course fee. If that transfer is then cancelled, or the customer fails to attend, the full course fee remains payable. One transfer is permitted per booking.
For courses held at the customer premises ("on-site" courses), the customer will provide all the necessary equipment as discussed with the trainer when booking the course. For on-site courses, it is essential that the current licensed software required for the event is installed on each training room PC. Separate agreements are required to provide for short term licensing of any required software.
The customer is expected to provide an adequate work area and projection area for the trainer. Delays due to inadequate setup and/or interruptions from client business other than training are at the expense and responsibility of the customer.
Travel expenses will be paid by the customer. Travel expenses will be billed after the completion of the training.
Course fees must be paid in full prior to the course start date. If course fees are not paid on time, Novaworks reserves the right to allocate the seat to another customer. All transfer charges must be paid for on receipt of the invoice. Novaworks reserves the right to modify published course prices at its sole discretion and without prior notification.
Novaworks training courses are reviewed, updated and improved continually, and Novaworks reserves the right to alter any of the course content without prior notice. It may not be possible to cover all course topics due to unforeseen circumstances. If this is the case, the trainer will advise attendees when this is the case and may offer alternatives.
The customer will implement reasonable measures to prevent Novaworks' inadvertent access to confidential information. Novaworks agrees to use reasonable endeavors to prevent any confidential information received in connection with and related to training, which is clearly marked or designated at the time of disclosure as "Confidential", from being revealed to third parties for a period of three (3) years from the date of disclosure. This restriction does not apply to information which is:
- generally available to the public;
- released by the customer without restriction;
- independently developed or acquired by Novaworks;
- known to Novaworks prior to receipt from the customer;
- revealed pursuant to court order or process of law. Novaworks will use reasonable endeavors to give the customer notice of such order prior to disclosure.
The course material is the exclusive copyrighted property of Novaworks. Course material includes course notes (training manuals), presentation slides and course data. None of the course material may be reproduced, republished, distributed, posted, sold, or transferred. Novaworks' copyright extends to all electronic or supplementary materials provided as part of a course.