Tuesday, May 23. 2023
SEC Releases New Draft EDGAR Filer Manual for EDGAR 23.2
On June 20, 2023, the following revisions will be implemented with EDGAR Release 23.2:
- On December 16, 2020, as part of Release 34-90679, the SEC adopted an amendment to Form SD under which resource extraction issuers are required to include in an annual report information concerning payments made to a foreign government or the Federal Government for the commercial development of oil, natural gas, or minerals, and to provide information about those payments in an interactive data format. The update to Forms SD and SD/A will allow filers to submit two new exhibit types: “EX 2.01” for resource extraction disclosures, and “EX 3.01” for Opinion of Counsel, as required by Rule 13q-1(d)(1) or (2).
- Exhibit 2.01 is required to accept a Form SD submission unless a resource extraction issuer is controlled by another resource extraction issuer that has submitted a Form SD disclosing the information required by Item 2.01 for the controlled entity, and the controlled entity submits a notice on Form SD identifying the controlling entity and the date it submitted the disclosure and checks “yes” in the 13q-1 picklist.
- Exhibit 3.01 is not required in order to submit an SD or an SD/A submission type. The exhibit should be included if the reporting entity must include one under Rule 13q-1(d)(1) or (2).
Additionally, the 2021 versions of all the taxonomies currently accepted in EDGAR (including the quarterly releases in 2021) will no longer be accepted. The version of all taxonomies within a submission must now be from the same year with the addition of the 2023 version of the IFRS taxonomy (including quarterly releases).
EDGAR will be modernized to support the 2023 versions of the following taxonomies:
- Resource Extraction Payments (RXP) and Sub-national Jurisdiction (SNJ) for Form SD
- Open End Fund (OEF) for Forms N-CSR, N-CSRS, and N-1A
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) Financial Reporting
- SEC Reporting taxonomy
- Other XBRL taxonomies accepted in EDGAR
The SEC plans to remove the following content from Vol. II of the EDGAR Filer Manual as part of the upcoming EDGAR Release 23.2:
- Appendix B (EDGAR—Information for Filers) – this information will be incorporated in the text of “Chapter 2.3—General Information for Filers”.
- Chapter 10 (Determining the Status of Your Filing) – this information will be moved to the EDGAR-Information for Filers webpage at sec.gov.
- List of prior EDGAR releases (pp. xvi to xxvi of the current version) – this information is available on the SEC’s Rulemaking Index at sec.gov.
On April 17, 2023, EDGAR Release 23.1.1 introduced the following change:
- Processing of Debit/Credit Card Cash Receipts: The “Retrieve Balance Information” screen was updated to reflect the processing of pay.gov payments in real time. The “Account Balance” field now displays credit/debit card payments within 15 minutes of payment confirmation. The “Amount of Last Deposit” and “Date of Last Deposit” fields were also revised accordingly.
On February 16, 2023, EDGAR production bug fixes 23.0.1.u1 introduced the following changes:
- Sections 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168 of the EDGAR Filer Manual, Volume II were edited to add tags that identify potential problems that could cause Blind XSS payload issues. When a filer uploads an htm file as an attachment with any of these tags, EDGAR will reject the document as “Invalid Content.”
The EDGAR Filer Manual, Volume II was updated to correct element names in sections 6.5.40 and 6.12.10, and to correct a URL error in section 6.5.56 from the previous Release 23.1 changes.
Should the SEC approve the final version of the EDGAR Filer Manual, it will be made available on the SEC’s website on or around June 20, 2023. The posting of the draft EDGAR Filer Manual does not indicate SEC approval of any proposed changes relating to the EDGAR system as reflected in the draft. “Non-rule”-based modifications outlined in the draft Volume II of the EDGAR Filer Manual will be effective June 20, 2023. For rule-based changes, refer to the effective dates of the related final rule on the SEC’s website.
A complete list of current taxonomies supported for the SEC’s Interactive Data programs is available on the Standard Taxonomies webpage at sec.gov. For general inquiries, contact Filer Support at (202) 551-8900 (choose Option 3).
The GoFiler Family of Products will be updated to support these changes before compliance dates. Please contact support with any questions.
Draft EDGAR Filer Manual (Volume II) EDGAR Filing (Version 66) (sec.gov)