The Legato Scripting Language and the IDE are included in all installations of GoFiler Complete. You may also download the Legato Interpreter for free as a standalone package below.
This package will allow you to run Legato scripts from a command line. Legato is free for development for personal or non-commercial use. By downloading Legato Basic, you agree to the Terms and Conditions of its use.
Revised: May 16, 2023
Legato Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
This package will allow you to write, debug and run Legato scripts from an IDE. Legato is free for development for personal or non-commercial use. By downloading Legato IDE, you agree to the Terms and Conditions of its use.
Revised: May 16, 2023
Legato Release Notes
Version 1.3u (05/15/2023)
1.0 Legato Script Language Notes
1.1 Script Engine Improvements and Changes
– Increased the encoding buffer for array variables from 4mb to 8mb.
1.2 Function Improvements and Changes
– A number of improvements have been made to the dialog Page Control documentation and functions. The behavior with the text style ES_READYONLY has been made to more closely match browsing behavior.
– Updated the notification codes and made some improvements to notifications.
– Corrected a problem with the PageControlGetSelectArea function returning the incorrect end Y position.
– Low level XDX functions have been moved out of the application level and into SGML support. As such, those functions are now available within Legato Basic and Legato IDE.
– Corrected an issue with the DecodeString function when the source data is missing the last line ending.
1.3 New API Functions
– DisableFileHistory — Disables file history tracking during script session.
– ControlChangeColor — Sets the text color of certain controls.
– DialogGetFrameXPosition — Gets the X screen position of an open dialog container.
– DialogGetFrameYPosition — Gets the Y screen position of an open dialog container.
– CreateProcessAsElevated — Creates an elevated process and returns with a process handle.
– StringToDuration — Interprets a natural language string and converts it to an XML duration.
– iXBRLValidate — Validates file using application iXBRL validation.
– XDXCreateTransactionLog — Translates an HTML file with XDX to an XDX Transaction Log (XTL) file.
– XDXValidateXBRL — Validates XBRL data after processing XDX to XBRL.